Monday, April 30, 2012

BFFL...

Jacob had his first kiss this past week.
I found out through the grapevine.
I couldn't be more happy that
he found someone that makes him smile.
I couldn't be more sad that
he didn't call me the second it happened.

It finally hit me that
things will never be the same between us.

We talked last night after
what seemed like forever
and he told me
that he is truly happy.
I loved hearing that, but
I wish I could be a part of it.
He let me know that he doesn't know
where I fit in his life right now
and it would be best if we
didn't talk much until
he figures that out.


I have taken notice to
how many people say,
"I married my best friend."
I always had a break between the two,
I always had my best friend,
and then my boyfriend.
Jacob pointed this out to me last night.
He always knew I wouldn't
marry the people I was dating,
because I was his best friend
and he was mine.

I am glad I realized this,
because I understand now that
they have to be the same person
or it doesn't work.

So, I want to hear about all of your
best friends...
a.k.a. significant others.
So if you read this, please
make a post about your
"best friend" on your blog.
I would like to read them,
they will make me smile!

I can't wait to find my best friend.
:)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I'm trying to figure out how to describe how josh is my best friend or when I knew he was. I think when you want to be with that person all the time and he is the one you call when you want to go shopping or to a movie or to dinner. He fills all the gaps for all the things you want to do and wants to do them right back with you. Even though Josh didn't love shopping he wanted to go because he wanted to be with me and I wanted him to go because I wanted to be with him. Make sense? Prob not but when you find him you will know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't marry my best friend, I married the best kisser and then just hoped for the best.
    We're still going strong ;-)

    ReplyDelete