Sunday, April 15, 2012

Growing Up?

My parents did an outstanding job when they taught us
there is a time and a place to let your inner-child run wild.
The time and place usually occurs when we are all together...
Today's excuse was our belated Easter Egg Hunt.


We had two separate hunts: one for the kids and one for the adults.
Some of us get a little crazy, so the kids sometimes get injured if they get in the way.


I usually get shoved at least 3 times by my brothers so they can get the better treat...
Since I can't eat much chocolate, my mom went out and bought
really healthy treats so that I wouldn't feel left out.
My brothers were not too happy about that.
They kept yelling, "What is all this healthy crap?"
My little brother, Alex kept grabbing all of the healthy treats
and told my other brother he is going to keep it so I have to
trade all of my good treats with him. He is so loving...
Let's just say I was very happy with my pick of treats this year.

All in all, I just felt full of gratitude today.
I had a constant smile all day, even when I went to the singles ward.
That was probably due to the fact that I was with good friends.
By the way, Jacob and I are talking again. I like it that way.

To continue in my gratuitous mood today,
we were able to do face time with my sister, Heather.
It completely amazes me how we can see her in a matter of seconds,
and I can see how completely hyper and crazy my nieces are.
My nephew even started walking, and I was able to watch it.
I am grateful for technology and the many blessings it brings.

While I was on my mission, my best friend of 20+ years was married.
Today she came into town, and I was able to go see her and meet her husband.


We got caught up on each others lives and I watched her wedding video.
Once again, I am grateful technology was able to capture those moments
so I could feel like I was there on her special day.

It is those moments where I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing the people
who mean most to me in my life to be able to make righteous decisions while I was gone.
And in those moments, I forget how sad I was to miss it
and remember the blessings He continues to give me.


1 comment:

  1. Yay I am soo glad you are back to blogging! I love you!

    ReplyDelete