Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nine Mile Falls...

I never thought I would meet
some of my best friends on my mission.
Goodness, was I wrong.


Ever since Sister Allen and I served together
(my second transfer out in the field)
we dreamed of when I would fly up to Washington
and see her get off the plane.
Well, that dream came true this past weekend.


It was a fun weekend full of shopping, BBQ's, movies,
and reminiscing of mission memories.
As y'all can imagine, I had the time of my life.


Her homecoming talk was incredible.
She is such a strong example to me
and taught me so many precious things.


People used to always tell us
we looked like twins on the mission.
I remember people in the ward
couldn't tell us apart.
This weekend, her grandparents
kept talking to me like I was their granddaughter.


One night we walked down to the dock
and chatted about our lives.
We talked about how crazy it is that
we served together, and we
wouldn't have ever known each other
if it weren't for our missions.
Who ever thought I would spend a weekend
in nine mile falls, washington
with a country girl?
We are so opposite, but exactly the same.


I had a constant smile after I realized
she is finally home.





2 comments: