Sunday, April 15, 2012

DC's & BBQ chips

So I get a text from one of my good friends asking if I wanted to go on a group date and be set up with one of her boyfriend's friends... I wanted to go to see all of my friends, but I thought I could manage finding my own date, so I began the search. Well, let's be honest, I asked one person and he couldn't because he already had plans, so I gave up.

For the next 30 minutes I sat with my mom debating on if I should be social and give in to going on a blind date. It was that moment that we all feel quite constantly on deciding to either be social and outgoing, or stay home in pj's and watch a movie. I learned two things through this debate...

1. I prayed about it and got an answer that I should go. This may sound silly, but this testifies once again that Heavenly Father cares about EVERYTHING we are going through. Even if it is a decision to be social or not.

2. I make a big deal out of the smallest things!! Here I am stressing out about going on a blind date or not, and my mom is treating it like it is a huge deal! In the meantime, she is stressed and has a lot to deal with, but is caring enough to listen to my lame problems. She is just so great.

Well, as I am sure all of you guessed, I went on the date. When I told my friend I would go, she said, "Your date is really funny, this is definitely going to be just a really fun date!" So... In other words, he is really ugly? Ha no, he turned out to be cute AND fun! Wow!


I had such a blast with my college friends; tonight was definitely a night that needed to happen. I love that Heavenly Father knew what I needed and allowed me to have a great night. I hadn't really talked with a couple of them since I have been home, so we sat and talked for a while. Even when our dates dropped us off at our cars, we drove to Maverick and grabbed snacks and continued to talk about our lives. Classic Diet Coke was a definite must and to my surprise, I found some dairy-free BBQ chips...


I rocked out to music on the way home as I munched on my new treat. Tonight rocked.

1 comment:

  1. Todd and I met on a blind date....you never know!! I can't imagine you would ever NOT want to be social! You are a social butterfly in my mind!

    ReplyDelete