Monday, April 16, 2012

A Game Called Nertz..

I got a text today from one of my best friends
and I instantly knew something was wrong.
Long story short, she found out some things about her fiance
and she doesn't know if she can marry him anymore.

I of course rushed to her house and we went on a long walk.
We talked about everything that is going on, and how she feels.
Tears came to my eyes as I felt what she was going through
and the extremely hard decision that was ahead of her.

This experience made me really think about the gospel
and how important it is to have a strong relationship
with my Heavenly Father; to understand how He answers
our individual prayers and what it feels like to KNOW
that a decision I make is right.

It also made me think about Christ, and how
He knows everything we are going through.
He can help us when we go through times like this.

Before my mission, I wasn't exactly sure how He
answered my prayers. I knew He was there and that He
listened, but I didn't know how He responded.
I now realize how important it was to find out how He
speaks to me; how I can communicate with Him, not just
say how I feel and be done.

But how do we know? How do we KNOW and not just believe?
It is through the Holy Ghost that we can KNOW for a surety
that something is right. We are so blessed to be able
to receive answers to our greatest questions.

And we are blessed to KNOW that He loves and cares for each of us.

How does He answer your prayers? How do you find answers?
Think about it; and if you don't know, ask Heavenly Father and
pay attention to how He speaks to you.


After a thought provoking day, I sat down with my dad and played some cards.
He compared his card playing skills to "cheribum and a flaming sword."
Needless to say, he won. I mean who could beat those kind of skills?
It is always nice to know that I also have a dad here on earth
that can always make me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing!
    My heart goes out to your friend, it's nice she had you to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still working on that process - of learning how my prayers are answered. You are a good friend to many. Glad your friend has you close by!!!!

    ReplyDelete